Saturday, August 18, 2012

august cookie: french crullers

today would have been my pop's 84th birthday. in his honor, I decided to dedicate my august cookie to him. we always gave pop a hard time for not liking chocolate. he was, however, a huge fan of the donut (he used to stop by our old house on the weekends when I was just a tot & tap on the backdoor while everyone else was still asleep & I'd let him in & he'd leave a dozen hot donuts for us for breakfast). I saw this delicious recipe for french crullers on pinterest & knew it would be right up pop's alley (even thought it's technically not a cookie). they didn't turn out as beautiful as the recipe photo, but they were pretty tasty with a cup of tea. cheers to pop, who's probably eating vanilla birthday cake up in heaven right at this moment. 

{recipe from here}

3 comments:

  1. They look lovely, and they sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound just as delicious as they look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post and they are lovely. I wish I had one right now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails