Wednesday, April 11, 2012

state bird prints

I have a case of wanderlust. the only thing preventing me from dropping everything & traveling the globe right now is the fact that I'd be broke in about two weeks. so for now, I just dream & plan pretend trips in my head that will most likely never happen. but I find joy just in thinking about it. and these letterpress state bird/flower prints definitely inspire me to do more traveling in the usa.

robert & I found the first one at an adorable gift store while we were visiting friends in maine. we decided it would be a great tradition to buy one for every state we have visited together. luckily, dutch door press has an etsy store, so I have been gifting robert with a print for birthdays or holidays. right now we have texas, virginia, maine, new york, california & illinois. wouldn't it be awesome to fill the entire wall with prints? our good friends are able to fly for free & have taken their kids (ages 9 & 11) to almost every state (they are up to #42 right now!). so cool.

{print from dutch door press. 5x7 frames from target}

2 comments:

  1. This is so impossibly clever–I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cute...much better than license plates, but I don't think John will go for this in his room!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails