Friday, December 30, 2011

december cake: layered peppermint cheesecake with white chocolate mousse frosting

well well well. I officially made it through an entire year of baking a new cake every month! my only rules were to make something new & to make it from scratch. I had so much fun doing this every month that I'm considering doing it again next year. I'm thinking, "a year of cookies," perhaps?

for december, it was another happy birthday jesus cake. this recipe is from southern living: a layered peppermint white cake & cheesecake with a white chocolate mousse frosting. everyone loved it. generally, only chocolate turns me on, but this was really good & perfect for christmas. the icing didn't do quite right (it was a little runny), so I left it un-iced on the sides, as inspired by the cover of my miette book (thanks, santa!).

thanks for following me on my highly caloric adventure.
ps- to see my entire year of cakes, click here.


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails