Monday, February 22, 2010

happy birthday, mr. president


{illustration by jim unwin}
 
one of the things I remember learning about george washington when I was little, was that he accidently chopped down his father’s favorite cherry tree with his hatchet (don’t make me sing the song). but when confronted by his father, george responded, “I cannot tell a lie, pa” & confessed to the mistake. supposedly this isn’t even a true story, but nonetheless, I am always reminded of good ol’ george when I see a cherry tree.

my mom is a kindergarten teacher, so of course she made us favors to celebrate washington's birthday when went over for dinner last night. she decorate these little bags with cherries, filled with chocolate-cherry candies, & served cherry pie for dessert. I cannot tell a lie- it was delicious.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails